Cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases for which expensive treatment procedures are necessary either for complete cure or for coping up with the disease. Taking insurance to cover the expenses of the treatment is a must for every patient. State Mutual Insurance provides Medicare health insurances which will be helpful for cancer patients. Delos Yancey, the present CEO of this company leads it according to the latest developments in the world so that patients can easily cope up with the treatments having advanced technological procedures.
Cancer, which is a result of multi-diseases, is mainly in the form of tumor. A group of cells in the body that grows abnormally and accumulates is the main cause for the disease. These unwanted cells do not stay as extras in the body but silently destroys the original body cells. As it gradually grows larger and eats up the normal body parts, it needs to be destroyed somehow. They usually travel through the blood stream and lymph vessels and spreads to all other parts of the body.
Does this need insurance coverage after treatment?
Fortunately, this deadly disease is curable to some extent nowadays. Patients affected with cancer and fortunately detected in the early stages are easily cured from the disease. However, they do not get insurance coverage for the post cancer periods in an easy manner. This is because of the companies’ policy that it is not necessary to provide insurance coverage for the patients after cancer. This is the problem faced by the cancer patients.
Cancer insurance plans
These cancer insurance plans cover the expenses of regular cancer screenings so that they can keep up their appointments on time. Some cancer survivors feel that though these insurance plans are helpful to pay the expenses of screenings it is not at all necessary for their monthly budget.
Pre existing conditions
This will take a period of more than one year for an insurance company to pay for the pre-existing health factors that includes cancer. Usually these expenses are heavier and cancer patients have to pay them from their pockets. There is a possibility to get a health insurance cover for cancer as the pre existing condition.
Things to do by Cancer Survivors
- Cancer survivors need to take some essential steps in order to get health insurance coverage after cancer.
- People who already possess individual policy must carefully go through the documents and know all about the policy; things they cover and they don’t cover.
- They must verify what kind of treatments is available for them.
- Verify whether patients can select their own physicians for consultation and for further treatments.
- Also, verify whether they can go for second opinion
- Find out the exact expenses for chemotherapy, doctor visits and other surgical processes and which of them is covered by the policy.
- There is a popular opinion that group coverage for cancer survivors, who already are covered by individual policies, is suitable.
It is very important to take insurance policies from reputable companies to avoid scams and cheaters.